Apple Cheesecake Empanadas
Write a review
- 2 cups Crunch Pak sweet and tart apples, chopped small
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. ready-made pie crusts, cut out into 4 inch rounds
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- oil for frying
- paper towels
- 1. Blend cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl until fluffy; set aside in the freezer.
- 2. In a medium skillet add butter, apples, and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Cook for 10 minutes on medium high heat until apples are tender.
- 3. Add 2 inches of canola oil to a large skillet until it reaches 350 degrees. Mix ½ cup sugar and 2 tsp. remaining pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4. Add 1tsp. cream cheese filling and cooked apples to the center of each pie crust round. Fold in half and crimp with fork. Fry on both sides until crispy. Drain on a paper towels then roll in sugar mixture.
Crunch Pak http://www.crunchpak.com/