- 4 store-bought pie crusts Note: (The number of pies depends on the size of your cutters. I used 3 different sizes)
- 4 cups Crunch Pak Sweet or Tart Apple Slices. Note: you can mix both, 2 of each kind with 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a flat surface to roll your dough. Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place the cut-out shapes on the baking sheets and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- In a large pot, combine apples, lemon juice, water, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl until all apples are coated with the mixture.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then turn to low and cover. Maintain a low simmer for 30 minutes or until the apples are completely soft and cooked through.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat. For a chunky apple filling, mash the apples in the pot. For a smooth apple filling, add to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (if using a blender, work in batches and allow time to cool).
- Remove cut-out dough from the fridge, distribute the apple filling between half of them. Make sure to leave room on the edges.
- Place the other 1/2 on top of the cut-out dough shapes which contains the apple filling. Dampen the edges with water if needed and crimp the edges with a fork. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake pies for 18-20 minutes.
You can also use our Peeled Apple Slices for this recipe!