Caramel Apple Bars
These easy caramel apple bars are loaded with apples, walnuts, and caramel. Try a warm square topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an awesome fall dessert!
Prep Time:20 MIN
Total Time:45 MIN
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1 cup caramel apple dip (sold in the produce section by the apples)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non stick spray.
- Combine the cake mix, butter, and apple cider until it forms a soft dough. Press half the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. You will need to spray your hands with spray too.
- Spread the caramel dip over the dough in the pan. Sprinkle with the apples and walnuts.
- Drop the rest of the dough over the top of the mixture in the pan. Try to drop small pieces evenly everywhere. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for at least one hour.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and the water. Drizzle over the top of the bars. Let set. Refrigerate bars until ready to serve. Heat a square in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and top with vanilla ice cream for an amazing treat.