This Slow Cooker Apple Cake is as easy as tossing a few ingredients into your crockpot and letting it do it’s thing! Top it with a big scoop of ice cream and serve warm!
Up until now, I had never made a dessert in my slow cooker. Ever. And now suddenly, I want to slow cook ALL THE THINGS.
Honestly, I had never seen the point. I mean, what’s the difference between putting your ingredients in a skillet or a cake pan vs. putting them in the slow cooker?
Well. Really? There isn’t one. You can totally do that too. However, I love my crockpot. I use it all the time to make dinner, so why not occasionally come home to the sweet smell of apples and cinnamon? Plus, the apples caramelize into a gooey delicious layer on the bottom! This is going to come in handy in the summer when it’s too hot to run the oven, but I want to eat a delicious comforting dessert. I mean, we love Apple Pie in America, yet who wants to bake that on a hot summer day?
Why not whip up one of these Slow Cooker Apple Cakes instead? And be sure to top it with a big scoop of ice cream too!
A few tips about making today’s Slow Cooker Apple Cake recipe:
- Start with Crunch Pak sliced apples. It’s no surprise that I’m once again using myf avorite sliced apples in a recipe. I love the convenience of them, and my kids love putting them in their lunches too! Plus, you can get them not only sliced, but PEELED too! Perfect for today’s recipe!
- Layer your ingredients in the crockpot, the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon on the bottom. Then top it with a box of yellow cake mix. Pour your butter over the top…DO NOT STIR.
- Cover your crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 2 1/2-3 hours). Do not open during the cook time, as this releases the necessary moisture to keep this cake moist and perfect.
- Serve the cake warm with a big scoop of ice cream or homemade whipped cream!
- 1 package (12 oz) Crunch Pak sliced, peeled apples (about 2-3 cups)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream, option, for topping
- Lay sliced apple in bottom of crockpot. Add brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until apple are coated evenly.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of apples, spreading evenly. Pour melted butter over the top (DO NOT STIR).
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 2 1/2- 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream!