Apple Ring Fritters
Delicious Apple Ring Fritters start with juicy apples and a buttermilk batter before frying to a golden brown! Then coat them in sugar and serve with your favorite caramel or chocolate dippers! Plus, no need for a deep fryer.
Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:30 min
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 package (12 oz) Crunch Pak Apple Rings (approx 12 rings)
- 1 1/2- 2 cups canola oil (or vegetable oil), for frying
- cinnamon sugar mix
- powdered sugar
- melted chocolate (I use hot fudge sauce)
- melted caramel (I use caramel ice cream topping)
- In a medium sized stainless steel skillet, or cast iron skillet, add canola oil. Heat over medium heat until temperature reaches about 375°F.
- While oil is heating, combine milk and egg in a small bowl. Whisk in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Once oil is hot, dredge each apple ring in the batter until completely coated, and place gently in the batter. Fry a few at a time until golden brown, flipping to make sure both sides get cooked evenly. Using tongs to remove from oil, place on a paper towel lined plate while doing the remaining apple rings. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix immediately!
- Once done, add powdered sugar (if desired) and serve with caramel and chocolate sauces (if desired). ENJOY!