Facilities Maintenance Technician
Location: Cashmere, WA
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all facilities throughout the plant. This position will assess and consider daily the safety of our employees, the security of our assets and the service to our team members.
SHIFT: Day (Varies)
• Act as the primary contact for any building issues.
• Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
• Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary.
• Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required.
• Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee needs. Hangs pictures and shelving, dismantles and installs furniture, as needed.
• Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
• Broad knowledge of standard practices and procedures of construction trades such as plumbing, welding, electrical, landscaping, framing, concrete, including materials and tools; applicable code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment.
• Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Ability to work as a team member as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to learn and understand how to safely use chemicals and personal protective equipment (or PPE).
• Has access to reliable transportation; punctuality and attendance is essential.
• Must supply own hand tools; responsible for keeping them safe and secure; lockable box is recommended.
• Use of forklifts, aerial lifts and other mechanized equipment as necessary for each specific job.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Ability to meet duties of a General Labor Level 1
• Attendance at a minimum of 95% of scheduled days for last 6 months.
• Failure to sustain attendance expectations will result in a demotion and a wage grade reduction.
• Employee is required to work in cold, damp environment
• Must have basic verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work in a physically demanding position – bend, kneel, twist, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb ladders and reach above shoulders repeatedly the majority of the work day.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds
Education and/or Work History:
• Minimum of High School Diploma
• Maintains good attendance record
Starting pay: 22-24