We are excited to share this adorable and delicious Apple Hand Pie recipe from blogger Andressa Hara of Twinkle Twinkle Little Party! These hand pies are cut into festive Halloween shapes and filled with our tasty Crunchpak Apples for a fun and easy treat your ghoulish guests are going to love.
- 4 store-bought pie crusts Note: (The number of pies depends on the size of your cutters. I used 3 different sizes)
- 4 cups Crunch Pak sweet or tart apple slices peeled. Note: I mixed both, 2 of each kind 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a flat surface to roll your dough. Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place the cut-out shapes on the baking sheets and transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- In a large pot, combine apples, lemon juice, water, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl until all apples are coated with the mixture.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, then turn to low and cover. Maintain a low simmer for 30 minutes or until the apples are completely soft and cooked through.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat. For a chunky apple filling, mash the apples in the pot. For a smooth apple filling, add to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (if using a blender, work in batches and allow time to cool).
- Remove cut-out dough from the fridge, distribute the apple filling between half of them. Make sure to leave room on the edges.
- Place the other 1/2 on top of the cut-out dough shapes which contains the apple filling. Dampen the edges with water if needed and crimp the edges with a fork. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake pies for 18-20 minutes.
How cute did these turn out? We love the spooky shapes and how simple this apple pie filling is to make using our peeled apple slices!
Dress Up Your Snack Medley as a Mummy
Even our Snack Medley packs get to dress up for Halloween! We love how Andressa transformed these into cute little mummies to serve as both table decorations and an added snack for the party! To re-create this craft, simply use gauze to wrap the containers and add two googly eyes with craft glue to complete your snack container mummy!
We hope you and your family have a safe and Spook-tacular Halloween! We would love to see your homemade Halloween Apple Hand Pies, be sure to tag us on Instagram and click here to find a store that carries Crunch Pak near you!