Quality Control Manager
Location: Selah, WA
• Ensure planning/scheduling of department staff meet budget expectations.
• Implement and execute process improvement projects.
• Implement and execute cost savings initiatives.
• Implement and execute training programs.
• Implement and maintain the standards and policies of the employee handbook.
• Performing internal audits.
• Addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
• Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
• Ensuring that organizational systems and training is in place.
• Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
• Overseeing established testing program.
• Assisting the management team and provide QA support as necessary.
• Assist in the development and implementation of microbiological training and diagnosis.
• Support and provide communication to other departments.
• Manage the companies EMP swabbing schedule.
• Mange the collection of QC testing data and data base.
• Manage SQF system.
• Ensure all systems are audit ready, including SQF, FDA, Organic, and Customer.
• Support and enforce all company policies, standards, and procedures.
• Compile information and/or prepare reports as requested by the Director of Quality and Food Safety
• Any other special projects as requested by the Director of Quality and Food Safety.
1. Performance Management
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Organizational Skills
6. Communication Proficiency.
7. Problem Solving/Analysis.
8. Teamwork Orientation.
9. Performance Management.
10. Business Acumen.
11. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
12. Diversity and Inclusion.
13. Presentation Skills.
14. Ethical Practice.
15. Relationship Management.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to present material and ideas to all levels of the organization
• SQF Practitioner
• Strong understanding of RTE, Food Safety, SQF, and Organic standards.
• Displays a positive and respectful attitude with all customers, external and internal.
• Above average mechanical aptitude; hands-on problem solver
• Good balance of analytical, technical, and social skills
• Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, ERP, IPAD) and mathematical aptitude
• Previous experience with microbiological trouble shooting.
• Proven track record in developing team members and increasing subordinates’ skill sets.
Education and/or Work History:
Educational/Work History Requirements
• 5 years minimum years of relevant quality experience in the food industry.
• B.S. Degree in Food Science or equivalent experience.
• Must be self-motivated and driven
• Clear and approachable verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to work independently
• SQF Practitioner, FSPCA
Full-time position: Primarily Days
Starting pay: DOE – Education and Experience