Maintenance Mechanic – Level 2
Location: Cashmere, WA
The purpose of the Maintenance 2 employee is to maintain as necessary all facilities and equipment, rely and follow guidance from Level 1 Mechanics.
• Repair and maintain all plant equipment. Maintenance 2 employees should have a good working knowledge of all machinery in the designated are of the plant.
• Effectively understand and properly use all maintenance tools and equipment including welders, drills, grinders, presses, saws, etc.
• Utilize the outlined materials and equipment for each application. Use food grade materials in food contact areas. Sanitary weld in all processing area's which must be cleaned and sanitized.
• Be able to safely troubleshoot and repair electrical problems.
• Be able to troubleshoot basic control problems.
• Follow all plant safety rules, guidelines and other policies including Good Manufacturing Practices (or GMP), lockout-tagout, confined space, etc.
• Use forklifts, man-lifts and other mechanized equipment as necessary for each specific job.
• Work in a professional manner and maintain a professional working environment that could successfully pass an audit by customers or governmental agencies at any time.
• Work in cold environment – gloves provided (temperature 36-40 degrees)
• Work around chemicals – (including Chlorine, Quat, PAA)
• Work with hands in water
• Work in a loud environment – hearing protection provided and mandatory
• Ability to stand long periods of times
• Ability to climb stairs
• Ability to bend and stoop
• Ability to work in a repetitive motion environment
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to distinguish color
• Ability to read and write in English or Spanish.
• Ability to have limited time away from work area (ready to begin work on time, return from breaks and lunches in a timely manner, reduced unnecessary time away from work area)
• Ability to sustain good attendance. More than 3 attendance violations (tardy, early exit or all day absence) in the first 30 days of employment will result in termination
• Any other duties as directed by your Supervisor or Manager.
• Must be in good physical shape and able to bend, kneel, twist, crawl, stoop and climb ladders.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
• Must be able to follow instructions.
• Must be able to learn and understand how to safely use chemicals and personal protective equipment (or PPE).