Desktop Support Technician
Location: Cashmere, WA
The Desktop Support Technician's primary job function is to provide user support, problem analysis and resolution, general technical assistance and maintenance of workstations for end users. We are looking for an experienced Desktop Support Technician to join our team. The Desktop Support Technician is part of a small team responsible for providing technical support and maintenance to all employees. Crunch Pak has a small IT department with a complex redundant network and is looking for an individual who is self-motivated and looking to expand their knowledge and experience into servers and networking. You will be working with and taking direction from the IT Manager on regular system maintenance and upgrades.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position.
# EF % of Time Job Functions
1. EF 80%: Provide full desktop service to client base end users in local offices (in person and remotely). Install, configure and maintain company workstations, printers, tablets, and VOIP phones. Troubleshoot and maintain workstation and desktop applications. Provide feedback on work in progress. Create and maintain hardware and software documentation. Deployments of new computer related hardware or moves, and existing computer operating system upgrades. Physical installs/placement of equipment, imaging, basic to complex configurations, standard to complex application installs/setups, profile transfer, validation and testing of installations, and preparation of old devices for disposal or re-deployment.
3. EF 20%: Troubleshoot network connectivity and cabling. Run new network cables for new node locations. Troubleshoot and install IP based security cameras.
4. EF Ongoing: Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical and user documentation. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Maintain company toner inventory. Resolve all assigned tickets. Comply with company policies. Complete all required training.
A valid driver's license is required for this position (verified upon hire). A valid Washington State driver's license is required within 30 days of employment.
Education and/or Work History:
Education: Associates degree (A.A) including Information Technology curriculum or similar technical training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification: A+ certification preferred.
Prefer 3+ years of Windows Desktop/Laptop support in a professional environment.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• An in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based workstations and hardware
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Office 365.
• Working knowledge of basic networking including wired and wireless, switching, VLANs, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMNP, and SMTP.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• The ability to multitask and work on multiple tasks at once
• Conceptual and critical thinking skills
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills to maintain positive and responsive relationships with end users as well as vendors and contractors.
• Ability to provide clear instructions, both written and verbal
• Ability to judge relative urgency of multiple issues appropriately
• Ability to constantly learn and effectively apply new technologies while maintaining prior competencies.
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.