Crunch Pak’s Tips For Healthy Eating
When it comes to starting a new diet, sometimes the most difficult step is knowing where to begin! When you’re super busy or always on-the-go, the unhealthiest choices are often the easiest ones to make. But Crunch Pak is here to cheer you on and provide you ten tips for making your transition to a healthier you!
- Water is your friend! Did you know that it’s common to mistake thirst for hunger? The next time you feel empty, or even just have a mild headache or general fatigue, all you might need is one of your recommended eight cups of water a day!
- Keep healthy food in sight and on hand! Sometimes we’re lazy, and that’s okay. But when you’re in a lazy mood, wouldn’t you rather grab a ready-to-eat apple from the bowl in the kitchen (or your lunch box!), rather than go alllll the way to the pantry to grab some potato chips? Of course you would!
- Trick yourself with smaller plates! Yep, we’re going to use a little bit of psychology on you here! Sort of. Did you know that it’s the eyes and NOT the stomach that counts calories? Empty space on a dish makes your brain assume there’s less food and makes you feel like you need to eat more. But eating the same amount of food on a smaller plate makes it feel like you polished it clean!
- Fight those sweet cravings with fruit! Don’t forget: Fruits have natural sugars and will help your diet by adding plenty of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. Crunch Pak prides itself in providing its consumers with a variety of ways to snack on the healthy stuff!
- Frozen veggies are OK! Don’t be afraid of the frozen aisle! Veggies on ice are just as nutritious as “fresh” ones, and can be a great side dishes in a pinch.
- Switch to whole grains! Whole grains are healthy carbs, meaning they’re digested more slowly and help you feel fuller for a longer amount of time. Look for food labeled “100% whole wheat”. If you’re not sure about whether you’ll like this or not, start by mixing your whole grains with refined-grain products, decreasing the amount of the latter until you don’t notice the difference! By the way, popcorn (with little to no salt or butter) is a healthy whole grain snack!
We hope these ideas help you and your family in your healthy lifestyle goals! Do YOU have any tips you’d like to share that we missed? Post them in the comments and we may just share yours on our Social Media!