Research and Development Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Location: Cashmere, WA
POSITION: Research and Development/ Microbiology Laboratory Technician
PURPOSE: The research and development laboratory technician perform data recording and experimental procedures. The research and development technician use good laboratory practices to ensure results are accurate. The research and development laboratory technician also document results in compliance with company policies.
- Perform duties with little to no supervision
- Performs experiments and procedures with precision to ensure accurate data.
- Follows direction precisely.
- Follows good laboratory practices to ensure accurate results.
- Uses basic laboratory equipment properly i.e.
- Laboratory Balance
- pH meter
- Stomacher (Laboratory Blender)
- Good sense of responsibility and ownership for one’s duties
- Abel to read and write in English
- Ability to follow instructions (written and verbal)
- Basic Computer skills (Office Suit)
- Must be a team player
- General knowledge of GLP and aseptic technique.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Punctuality; good attendance
- Flexible Schedule
- Maintains good attendance record
- Must be able to work in an environment that is a constant 33-40 degrees
- Educational and/or Work History Requirements:
- High School Diploma Required
- College Level science exposure or lab experience desired
- Work in cold environment – gloves provided (temperature 36-40 degrees)
- Work around chemicals – (including Chlorine, Quat, PAA)
- Work with hands in water
- Work in a loud environment – hearing protection provided and mandatory
- Ability to stand long periods of times
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Ability to work in a repetitive motion environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to effectively use a microscope
- Ability to distinguish color
- Fine Motor skills
Full-time position: Sunday-Thursday
Reports To: R&D Supervisor