Apple and Butternut Squash Soup
Write a review
- 1 (14oz.) pkg. Crunch Pak sweet and tart apple slices, peeled
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp. butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1. Spread chopped squash on a 13x9 inch baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- 2. While squash is baking melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion and apples and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium high heat. Season with cumin, salt, and cayenne. Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 more minutes
- 3. Add cooked squash, cream, and apple mixture to a blender. Puree for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl or pot before serving. Garnish with sour cream and chopped apples.
Crunch Pak http://www.crunchpak.com/