Phyllo Apple and Pumpkin Nests
Write a review
- 2 cups Crunch Pak sweet apple slices, chopped small
- ½ (16 oz.) pkg. phyllo dough sheets, thawed
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- powdered sugar, optional
- 1. In a medium bowl blend ½ cup sugar and cream cheese until creamy. Stir in pureed pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave safe bowl melt 4 Tbsp. butter; set aside. With a serrated knife cut phyllo sheets into 4 inch by 2 inch rectangles. Brush each sheet with butter and layer 10 rectangles into the bottom of each hole of standard sized muffin pan. Bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for 6 minutes; set aside.
- 3. In a medium skillet add 2 Tbsp. butter, apples, and brown sugar. Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium high heat until apples are tender.
- 4. Place a 1 Tbsp. of pumpkin mixture on top of each phyllo nest followed by a 1 Tbsp. of apples. Place back in oven for 6 more minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Crunch Pak http://www.crunchpak.com/