Apple Crostata with Raspberries
Write a review
- 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Stick of Diced Unsalted Butter (cold)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Ice Water
- 1 Egg (separated)
- 1 Tablespoon Turbindo Sugar (Sugar in the Raw) Optional
- 2 Cups of Crunch Pak Diced Sweet Apples
- 1 6 oz. Package of Fresh Raspberries
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1. Preheat Oven to 375.
- 2. In a stand mixer mix flours, sugar, salt for 1 minute. Then add the egg yolk, cold butter, and water to the flour mixture until crumbly. Pull the dough out of the mixer and form to a firm ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- 3. In a medium sauce pan cook apples, raspberries, and sugar on medium heat until apples are soft. Set aside.
- 4. Take dough out of refrigerator and roll onto surface with a dusting of flour on your surface to make a 12 inch round. Place the apple mixture in the center of dough making sure to leave a two inch border to fold in the crust. Fold the perimeter of the crust onto the fruit and brush the remaining egg white on crust followed by the turbindo sugar and bake for 35 minutes until crostata is light brown. Serve with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy
Crunch Pak http://www.crunchpak.com/