Bacon, Apple, and Onion Jam Bites
Write a review
- 1 (14 oz.) bag Crunch Pak sweet apple slices, chopped
- 2 French baguette loaves, cut into 40 slices
- 1 (5.2 oz. pkg.) garlic and herb cheese such as Boursin
- 3 large Vidalia onions, sliced thin
- 1 (16 oz. pkg.) bacon, cooked and chopped small
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sherry wine
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1. In a large Dutch oven or pot add sliced onions, apples, sherry wine, and vinegar. Cook for 15 minutes on high heat until onions begin to caramelize. Add thyme, sugar, and bacon. Cook for 20 more minutes on medium high heat until the jam is thick and golden in color.
- 2. Spread a spoonful of cheese on each baguette slice. Add warm bacon jam to the top and serve.
Crunch Pak http://www.crunchpak.com/